Obesity is a burgeoning problem in the United States. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report in their Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System of 2011 that 39 U.S. states have obesity rates of 25% or higher.
Many of those suffering from severe obesity could benefit from bariatric surgery, but it is very expensive, and getting insurance companies to cover it can be next to impossible. However, lap gastric sleeve in Mexico could be an affordable alternative for those seeking surgical weight loss treatments.
More and more people make trips to Mexico for no scar sleeve surgery and come back home satisfied. Gastric sleeve success stories abound thanks to the excellent quality of bariatric surgery in Mexico and the friendly treatment of foreign patients.
Cost of Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve in Mexico
The main draw for medical tourists is the low cost of gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico. Due to Mexico’s proximity to the United States, it has become a leader in the medical tourism world for bariatric surgery. Many satisfied patients report savings of up to 70% on weight loss surgery in Mexico. Costs are able to be kept so low because:
- The cost of living in Mexico is much lower than in developed countries like the United States or Canada. This drives down the price of everything from food to housing—including medical care.
- Doctors for minimally invasive vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) in Mexico do not have the same amount of expenses as those in developed countries. For example, they do not have as much student debt, and therefore do not need to charge such high fees to pay for their educations.
- They are also not required to purchase malpractice insurance. The absence of this expenditure also contributes to lower surgery fees.
- Hospitals and clinics in Mexico do not have to hound insurance companies for reimbursements, meaning they don’t charge patients for the nonpayment of others.
Prospective patients for VSG in Mexico can rest assured that the low cost of their surgery is due to different social and economic factors, and not to physician negligence or shoddy hospitals and equipment.
More Advantages of Low-Cost Sleeve Surgery in Mexico
Low prices are not the only reasons people find laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy in Mexico so alluring.
- Medical tourists value their time just as much as their money, a fact which hospitals in Mexico know well and are used to accommodating with amenities like in-house laboratories and post-operative care. A lap gastric sleeve in Mexico saves time as well as money.
- Many surgeons in Mexico with whom GastricSleeve.com is associated boast education and/or work experience in developed countries. They adhere to strict standards of safety and hygiene and work with cutting edge, up to date technologies.
- Doctors in the GastricSleeve.com network speak English and can comfortably discuss all aspects of your surgery with you, such as your diet after your gastric sleeve surgery.
- Mexico’s low cost of living means other things are cheap here, such as prescription medications, as well. If your doctor prescribes an antibiotic or pain reliever after surgery, you can pick the medicines up in Mexico for much cheaper than waiting until you get home.
- Coming to Mexico for gastric sleeve surgery is also a great excuse to take a well deserved vacation. Many popular tourist destinations such as Cancun and Puerto Vallarta are home to world class hospitals and clinics, as well as world class beaches. From authentic, spicy cuisine to ancient ruins, Mexico is guaranteed to please as a vacation spot.
Mexico is a world leader when it comes to bariatric surgery. Even if you are still not sure if you will need gastric sleeve or lap band surgery, the choice of where you should have the procedure is a no brainer. Come have lap gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico, have an exciting and culturally enriching vacation, and return home a newer, healthier you.
Fill out the estimate request form on the right to receive more information about lap gastric sleeve in Mexico.